Saturday 16 March 2013

Moment of Inspiration

I have been thinking about the work that I have produced for the rebranding of Fargo Village so far. I think that the concept of creating patterns to go onto the front of the buildings is strong, but the whole design is becoming too corporate. I want a handmade feel to the patterns and I want more texture in the design, like my research.

I need to further explore the way in which I am creating and using pattern. I want a rougher edged feel to the designs. I will further explore the way that I can use the patterns that I have found on the historic buildings down Far Gosford Street. I have an idea that involves artists of the community to get involved with the redevelopment of the site.

FINAL CONCEPT TO DEVELOP


 I would like to design a set of stencils/pattern templates and text that could be used, and then allow local artists to create their own designs on the buildings that cover the complete facia. I would like to create 4-5 stencils, and then allow the artists to make their own adaptations of them/ use them in interesting ways. I will produce examples of how the stencils should be used, and a general style guide for producing the artwork. The result will be a colourful, vibrant place to be, much like London’s Brick Lane which the developers of Fargo Village have been heavily inspired by. It will heavily involve the local community, and will be fun to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment